I'm trying to stay warm as I write this recap of 2017 and a look ahead to the new year.
First, a look back:
- A baseball comeback after five years away from the game
- A 75 km bike ride up and down the Don Valley in pouring rain for the Ride for Heart
- I added sports reporter to my resume at Global News. Here are my stories on golfer Judith Kyrinis and tennis player Bianca Andreescu.
- Sideline reporter for the CrossFit Games on CBS Sports Network
- More appearances on The Morning Show including sit-down interviews
Here's my latest sports story on baseball/softball player Mia Valcke:
Also, at the end of December, I joined the Ontario Tennis Association to play in sanctioned tournaments, get an inside look at Canadian tennis, and to acquire some national ranking points.
I'm planning on documenting the journey online and, also, produce some tennis content for Global on TV. The first installments of each will be posted over the next week or two.
What lies ahead for 2018?
Hopefully, a number of stories covering Canadian tennis and other sports, more morning show appearances, and, perhaps, some writing news.